Every weekend I treat myself to these delicious pancakes. They are my favorite weekend breakfast! They are sweet and filling with natural sugars and no flour. I have tried many different pancake recipes and after having made them for quite some time now, this is what I have found to create the best tasting cakes!
- 3/4 cup of oats (I use Quaker 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (I use Fresh Thyme’s Organic Maple Syrup)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana broken into chunks
- Blend all ingredients in blender until a smooth consistency emerges
- Preheat greased skillet on low heat (I use coconut oil)
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet (I usually can get 8 pancakes out of this batter), let cook until bubbles begin to rise on the surface (usually takes about 2-3 min), flip and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Top with your desired pancake toppings and serve! (I like topping with 2 tbsp of Fresh Thyme Organic Peanut butter and some fresh blueberries, so delicious!)
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!